NY Office Director: Rothberg International School (RIS) Hebrew University
The Director will be a key member of the RIS international team and will be instrumental in increasing awareness of the Hebrew University (HU) and RIS in the United States.
Based in our New York Office which shares space with American Friends of the Hebrew University (AFHU) this position will report to the Vice Provost of Rothberg International School and work closely with the HU International Marketing Division.
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The University that built the nation of Israel was founded on Mount Scopus in 1918 by visionaries including Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, Chaim Weizmann, and Martin Buber. Opened in 1925, The Hebrew University is Israel’s premier university as well as its leading research institution. Ranked internationally among the 100 leading universities in the world and first among Israeli universities, the University encourages multi-disciplinary activities in Israel and overseas and serves as a bridge between academic research and its social and industrial applications.
The Hebrew University has set as its goals the training of public, scientific, educational, and professional leadership; and the expansion of the boundaries of knowledge for the benefit of all humanity.
Rothberg International School
International students have been coming to Hebrew University since opening in 1925. The first program specifically for international students opened in 1956. The School for Overseas Students was formally inaugurated in 1971, and it became the Rothberg International School (RIS) in 1981 in honor of Sam Rothberg, whose vision, initiative, and drive were major factors in the school’s creation and development. Today, RIS has become an international arena, attracting students from around the world. The school has an accomplished faculty, with an annual student population of more than 2,000. Hebrew University brings students from over 90 countries together in Jerusalem to share a common experience.
The Director will support and guide junior academic advisors in the field and in the office, coach and offer guidance to the recruitment team and assist in recruiting students for Rothberg International School programs and international programs offered by HU.
In consultation with the Vice Provost of RIS s/he will set recruitment priorities and routinely assess the effectiveness of the recruitment process (i.e. analyzing recruitment metrics, build managerial recruitment reports). The director will implement improvement protocols according to need by the ever-changing workload, and collaboration with university teams and stakeholders (note: American Friends of the Hebrew University).
The director will plan, schedule and analyze work of the NY staff and will ensure that the HU brand is effectively promoted and upheld in all activities and attend selected recruitment fairs and events throughout the US.
The director will have familiarity with RIS and HU sources of recruitment: associations, academic partners, social networks, alumni and more as well as work effectively with recruitment agencies.
This position is responsible for all elements of day-to-day operations; including but not limited to:
• Increasing number of students from the US
• Increasing awareness to HUJI in North America
• Planning alumni events in collaboration with AFHU
• Hosting Hebrew U professors in the US and organize lectures in collaboration with AFHU
• Managing and following up on all registration process
• Being aware of local market trends, competitive stance and opportunities.
• Supporting existing partnerships and increase recruitment potential.
• Completing operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
• Responsible for training recruitment teams and office staff. Evaluating team members’ performance, measuring results, coaching and counseling the NY team.
• Preparing annual budget in order to achieve financial objectives.
• Develop and present progress reports to the Vice Provost of Rothberg International School
• Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Creating and maintaining a positive work environment, while ensuring open communications. Communicating employee relations issues or problems to the District Manager and Human Resources. Administering disciplinary processes according to established procedures
Ideal candidate shall have:
• Previous experience in recruiting / recruiting management positions - a significant advantage
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills. A compelling spokesperson and inspiring communicator who can articulate Hebrew University
• Strong leadership skills and high level of flexibility
• Familiarity with the academic field
• Innovative, tenacious, and motivated to take on new challenges
• Willingness to grow and work independently with minimal supervision and as part of an international team
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively manage a budget
• BA – required; MBA or advanced studies – an advantage
• Fluent in English native speaker preferred, additional languages an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to Medical and Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, TransitChek Program, Employee Assistance Program as well as a generous time off/holiday policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Please submit cover letter and resume for the position using the following link: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx