Temple Beth Orr, an established 200+ member Reform Temple in Coral Springs, Florida, is seeking a Temple Administrator. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance, facilities, and administration. We are looking for a strong leader with good communication and time management skills.
The Temple Administrator reports to the President of the Board of Trustees and works in close collaboration with the Rabbi and our Board to assure our organization effectively provides for the collective needs of the congregation.
Operationally, the Temple Administrator will manage day to day operations, supervise all professional and extended staff, and will help to oversee our financial systems, development and budgeting. From a programming perspective the Temple administrator will be responsible for the ongoing development and management of fundraising, provide services and outreach to prospective and current members, support programs and volunteer activities, oversee marketing, communications and community relations.
Required Education and Background:
• Experience in accounting and financial reporting, billing, collections, purchasing, expense control, cash management and analysis, contract negotiations, budgeting and investments.
• Strong people management skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with business professionals such as banking , legal counsel and insurance experts.
• Orchestrate monthly executive committee , board meetings and staff meetings. In addition act as the staff liaison for various other standing committees.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, oral, writing, and organizational skills, able to handle multiple assignments.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer including Word, Publisher, Excel, QuickBooks, database management, internet, and e-mail.
• Experienced strategic and creative thinker, planner, and self-starter.
• Strong understanding of Jewish rituals, customs, holidays and congregational relationships.
• Five or more years’ experience, preferably in a nonprofit.