We are currently looking for a Finance Associate for our Brooklyn school. Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Associate supports the accounting and reporting functions of the school.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Update and maintain general ledger transactions within QuickBooks, including detailed data entry to ensure clear documentation of all transactions
- Support banking and credit card operations by reviewing daily account activity and accounting for all transactions, and conducting relevant account reconciliations
- Enter payroll run from payroll provider into Quickbooks
- Perform account analyses, allocations, and monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain fixed assets list and account for depreciation
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet general ledger account reconciliations
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of data for accounts payable, accounts receivable and the general ledger.
- Assist with year-end closing and support the annual audit process
- Support monthly close activities, including posting of journal entries, tracking of expense accruals and prepaid expenses
- Prepare month end variance reports
- Assist in the preparation and timely delivery of requested financial reports
- Assist Controller with special projects.
- Assist in the annual Form 990 preparation and filing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum 5+ years’ work experience in audit and accounting with a concentration in non-profit accounting. CPA license is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks (or similar Accounting software) and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and think strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and tact.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We are committed to inclusive employment opportunities therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.