Friendship Circle of Miami (FC) provides one-of-a-kind, inclusive social and recreational programs for children, teens and adults who have special needs. We build bridges to self-fulfillment, independence, and social equality for neurodiverse individuals by fostering one-to-one friendships between them and their peers – who we empower to become the catalysts for a more inclusive community.
FC currently serves more than 300 families each year and impact thousands more through various events and initiatives. FC is currently involved in an exciting community effort to expand its services and develop a new 20,000 square foot Friendship Circle Campus in the heart of Miami Dade.
FC is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Development Assistant to expand FC’s development department and support numerous initiatives.
The Development Associate serves as the backbone of the department by overseeing all administrative processes in place to manage and implement fundraising activities encompassing annual giving, special appeals, events, grant writing, government relations, corporate sponsorship, individual giving. The ideal candidate is able to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities, and creatively solve problems, and operationalize and execute on existing development strategies.
This position reports to the Chief Development Director with additional mentorship from our Senior Campaign Advisor and collaborates closely with administrative and program staff.
• Support donor stewardship system and enter opportunities into donor database (Salesforce) and compile reports
• Manage donation data entry in Salesforce, produce donor acknowledgment letters, and maintain letter templates and development files
• Support annual fundraising plan encompassing annual giving, special appeals, individual gifts, grant writing, government relations, third-party initiatives, corporate engagement, and special events
• Support the cultivation and stewarding of stakeholders – funders, business, organizations, donors, volunteers, and the general public
• Conduct research, analyze data and compile reports on current or prospective donors
• Help maintain and support engagement plans for the cultivation and solicitation of prospects
• Assist in planning and executing special events and other organization-wide activities
• Coordinate, attend, and draft minutes and other documents for Board of Directors and other committee meetings
Marketing and Outreach
• Coordinate the production and distribution of stewardship and marketing materials
• Assist in the development and maintenance of a communications calendar
• Help with basic support and troubleshooting around using web-based solutions and other communication tools for fundraising and
• Draft and update content for the website, newsletters, e-mail blasts, and social media
• Attend and assist in presentations, conferences, and in other settings
• Assist with the writing and editing of appeals, acknowledgement, reports, and proposals
While no one individual will possess all of the desired qualifications, we are looking for a candidate who is committed FC’s mission and possesses the appropriate and necessary blend of the following:
• Relevant post-secondary degree (fundraising, marketing, communications, business administration, etc.)
• Preferred 2-3 years of experience planning and executing fundraising initiatives
• Experience with Salesforce or other development databases
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Experience working with volunteers and staff with a wide range of skills, communication styles, and interests within a not-for-profit social enterprise setting
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and Google Suites, virtual technology platforms, social media, and publishing tools
• Preferred experience with Adobe Suite, WordPress (or similar web publishing software), and Constant Contact
• Strong work ethic and integrity, and be able to work independently with little supervision
• Motivation, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
• Must have a strong sense of initiative and demonstrated ability to exercise agility
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position ranges from $40,600-$45,000 is highly competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise, plus a generous paid time off policy.
Most importantly, we offer the opportunity to work with an amazing group of smart, dedicated, and fun people!
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter, short sample of professional writing, and a resume that outlines how your skills and experiences meet the qualifications of the po***********************************be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Friendship Circle is an equal opportunity employer and makes a particular effort to recruit candidates from all backgrounds.