ABOUT TEMPLE ISRAEL
Temple Israel of Boston has been an integral part of Boston's Jewish and civic life for over 165 years. We proudly balance our status as the largest Reform congregation in New England with our efforts to foster close, intimate, meaningful, and transformative connections by living Judaism together through discovery, dynamic spirituality, and righteous impact. Our community offers an array of religious, cultural, and social programming aimed at fostering community, interfaith interactions, and inclusion. We are pursuers of justice and compassion, and are intentional about creating space to gather, reflect, and open up paths to this work to all who want to explore their own involvement.
Temple Israel is seeking an experienced and personable Communications Associate to provide high-level support to the Director of Communications. The position is a pivotal role for the success of Temple Israel. It requires dependability, creativity, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and proactively, and a high level of professionalism. The successful candidate will possess keen attention to detail; strong design, copywriting, and media production skills; a proven track record of self-direction, follow-through, and dependability on large projects; demonstrated experience with schedule management and organizational systems; and an appreciation for the diverse roles that a synagogue plays in a Jewish community. This is a superb opportunity for an energetic and proactive professional. Excellent oral and written communications skills are a must, as are stellar customer service and interpersonal skills, strong organizational proficiency, and the ability to work independently. Vibrant applicants with a creative spirit, sense of humor, and a desire for longevity in this role are encouraged to apply.
- Update and maintain website content
- Be present at programs and events to capture the life of the congregation through photography and
- Post sermons as video and podcasts on the website and social media in quick turnaround time
- Design and manage digital and printed communication pieces such as postcards, stationery, weekly e-blast, congregational emails, Shabbat Sheet, posters, and lobby screens images, advertisements
- Post event and program information in a variety of print and digital media placements for advertising
- Manage distribution lists in Constant Contact and Salesforce
- Copy edit materials, follow and enforce established brand guidelines
- Proactively looks for ways to market and communicate happenings at Temple Israel
- Oversee production logistics for worship including High Holy Days
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Pixel perfect graphic design and multi-media production and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in video production; from storyboarding, technical requirements, collecting footage, and editing together for final format
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities
- Proven track record of quick and accurate project turn around
- High computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); databases and online marketing (Salesforce, Constant Contact, social media); Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), WordPress; virtual platforms (Zoom); social media
- Familiarity with Jewish lifecycle and an appreciation for the importance of a synagogue in a Jewish community
Typically this position works fully onsite. Temple Israel is currently open for limited onsite work, candidates will be able to work remote through COVID-19 as warranted. Some job responsibilities will require occasional onsite work.
Hours are generally 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional evening and weekend hours, including major Jewish holidays, and some weekend events.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Emma Koblick, Director *********************