The Multimedia Producer is a vital member of the branding team who works closely with departments throughout the organization to improve and grow the Jewish Alliance’s relevance in the marketplace. Primarily, the Multimedia Producer will assist with the development and implementation of content that enhances the agency’s brand and sub-brands across a wide variety of web-based and social media platforms. The Multimedia Producer will research, collect, write, film, record, edit, produce and broadcast content, and will work to maintain and improve its overall quality. Additionally, the Multimedia Producer will work to develop and create content that conveys the story of the Jewish Alliance to the broader community, as well as telling the story of Rhode Island’s diverse Jewish community to the community-at-large. The Multimedia Producer will work closely with the Chief Brand Officer and the editor of Jewish Rhode Island to develop content based on the strategic goals set forth by the Jewish Alliance.
Multimedia Content Development
• Collaborate closely with internal clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content for the purpose of strengthening and elevating the Alliance brand as well as its sub-brands.
• Create consistent brand-focused content for multiple websites and social media channels through use of audio/video, podcasts, web series and other forms of multimedia communications.
• Script, storyboard, schedule, set deadlines, and select optimal forms of media for individual projects.
• Plan video shoots; scout, select shoot locations, and assist in developing production schedules.
• Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
• Manage the media studio including developing and implementing processes and procedures for outside rentals.
• Assist in developing and producing podcasts, including sound engineering, editing content and evaluating pitches, screening and managing guests.
• Work with the branding and editorial team to help develop and implement a consistent brand identity for the agency and its sub-brands across multiple platforms through storytelling and multimedia content for a wide variety of purposes, including brand awareness, increased engagement, program participation, revenue, and philanthropy.
• Develop a consistent voice that conveys the brand identity for the agency and its sub-brands across multiple platforms through storytelling and audio/visual content, including expanding Jewish Rhode Island’s reach through an expanding portfolio of communication channels.
• Create and manage content for projects throughout the organization that attract and appeal to defined target groups.
• Work with the branding and editorial team to determine, develop and analyze previously unexplored marketing opportunities for the agency and its sub-brands.
• Demonstrated experience with the Alliance’s core values and a clear commitment to them.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects. Strong organizational skills.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Works independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables
• Knowledge of AP style guidelines, HTML, WordPress, and SEO preferred.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suites.
• Experience with video, including familiarity with professional cameras (Sony PMW-F3 or similar), prosumer camcorders (Sony NXCAM HXR NX3 or similar), various HD and SD formats, preproduction/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding and photography.
• Experience with audio production including small format mixers, compression, EQ, effects processors, audio recording techniques for studio and field, multi-track and waveform editing and editing software such as Adobe Audition.
• Experience with post-production work including digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms.
• Knowledge of Jewish traditions, culture, and holidays strongly preferred.
• Minimum 2+ years of experience in radio, podcasting, film or equivalent, preferably in a journalistic environment or Bachelor's degree in fields related to television, radio, film, sound and other new media arenas.