The Shlenker School of Congregation Beth Israel in Houston, Texas is seeking candidates for a Director of Innovative Learning to begin on July 1, 2021.
The Shlenker School is a Reform Jewish Day School in Houston, Texas. It is situated on a 16-acre campus with state-of-the-art facilities including a 1.5-acre outdoor classroom space called the Backyard, a SPARK lab, purposeful play lab, and gym.
The Director of Innovative Learning (DIL) will:
• Provide instructional coaching and guidance to teachers in implementing innovative best practices into their curriculum in order to enhance the student learning experience
• Create and implement a digital citizenship curriculum
• Design and implement project-based learning environments to help students excel in collaborative settings
• Partner with Houston area organizations to maximize the technology and innovative resources that the city has to offer students and teachers
The DIL reports to the Head of School and works collaboratively with the Elementary and Early Childhood Division Heads, as well as the other members of the administrative team.
Successful candidates will have:
• A warm and open demeanor
• A strong background in teaching and curriculum development
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Proficient technology skills
• Knowledge of Project Based Learning (PBL) principles and best practices surrounding the integration of technology
• The ability to design and facilitate professional development and meaningful educational experiences
• Minimum of 5 years classroom teaching experience
• M.Ed. is preferred