About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
· An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
· An enthralling 120-year history as one of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
· An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
· A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
· An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
· Days off for select Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with “3pm Fridays” during winter
· Opportunities to visit Israel
· Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
· 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit a Major Gifts Director. This position to be responsible for growing Major Gifts throughout the Greater Los Angeles area.
· Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
· In partnership with the Greater Los Angeles Executive Director, develop a strategy and plan for building prospect research, corporate sponsorships, and major gift solicitations.
· Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective
· Developing and identifying major gift prospects
· Major Gift Committee Management and Development cultivation and membership
· Mission recruitment & National Task Force Development
· Emphasis on closing gifts of $25,000 plus
· Participate in all National Major Gift activities and conference calls
· Major Gifts Event Planning
· A passion for Israel.
· The Major Gifts Director should have at least 5 years of relative experience in sales/fundraising
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Proven success in asking for and closing gifts and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors.
· Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship
· Excellent writing and speaking skills
You may also have:
· Knowledge of and familiarity with the Jewish Community in the Greater Los Angeles area
· Salesforce data management.