Larchmont Temple is a warm, vibrant and inclusive Reform synagogue of 830 families in Larchmont, NY (about a ½ hour from New York City) dedicated to covenantal and innovative Jewish learning, social action and spiritual engagement.
We seek a full-time Jewish Educator and Coordinator to develop relationships and Jewish life for our children and youth. Our goal is for our young people to build a strong Jewish identity and commitment to engage in Jewish life.
This person will:
• Build relationships with learners, families and educators.
• Serve as a positive role model, educator, and guide in the lives of our children and youth
• Serve as a key communicator with families and educators
Build, Direct and Lead Programs
• Coordinate and oversee KESHER Kindergarten – Grade 3 programs
• Coordinate and lead KESHER K – 6 Family Education Programs and serve as an educator on the KESHER Family Discovery team
• Coordinate the in-person and online KESHER Hebrew program for Grades 4 - 7
• Teach in both K – 3 and an upper grade of KESHER (LT’s Religious School)
• Help coordinate and support special programs such as the 4th and 5th grade retreat, 6th Grade Shabbaton, holiday programs and other synagogue programs and initiatives
Support and Communicate
• Serve as the lead person for KESHER communications which includes weekly updates and newsletters
• Serve as the lead person to coordinate group placement and lists
• Serve as the lead administrative team member to do food and supply ordering
• The Education and Temple Team
The right candidate is an outgoing self-starter who has energy, creativity, warmth, strong organizational and communication skills, and is a collaborative team player. We are looking for a person with experience in camp and/or other youth programs, religious school teaching, or other relevant settings who can connect with children and families and who also possesses strong organizational and administrative skills.
The Full Time KESHER Jewish Educator and Coordinator reports to the Director of Education, Youth and Families. This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience.