Temple Mishkon Tephilo seeks a full-time Preschool Director. We are located in Venice near the Santa Monica border. We are a welcoming congregation that is egalitarian and participatory, while remaining traditional. The position reports to the Rabbi. The initial purpose of the job is to re-establish our Jewish Preschool in Venice. We plan to re-open for summer 2021 after a hiatus during the pandemic. We will continue to serve families with children aged 18 months to five years. To be a successful Preschool Director, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as love for children. You should uphold the vision of the Preschool with pride and ensure that the Preschool meets the relevant standard set by the state. An excellent Preschool Director will determine the needs of the Preschool, protect the health and safety of children, and report to the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the daily operation of the Preschool.
• Manage staff, including recruitment, hiring, training, development, orienting, motivating, delegating, performance management, performance reviews, and terminations.
• Working with the Rabbi, create and enhance the curricula that will conform to the state requirements.
• Oversee staff to ensure that all programming is viable and appropriate and is of high quality.
• Develop, implement, and monitor all occupational health and safety and security processes. Provide or source training for the staff and users of the Preschool. Provide a Preschool environment that adheres to all health and safety protocols including current COVID-19 child care center regulations.
• Prepare, manage, and monitor the annual budget, including managing and overseeing financial transactions.
• Identify and schedule fundraising events.
• Expand student enrollment through marketing and communication with the community and with families of potential students.
• Communicate with parents, staff, Board of Directors, and other community stakeholders. Ensure that all electronic and paper communications, including the website and social media are current and user-friendly.
• Organize and maintain current and accurate records for licensing purposes.
• Ensure that the property is well-maintained.
• Child Development Site Supervisor Permit issued by the California Teaching Commission.
• Three or more years of successful classroom teaching experience in Early Childhood Education (ECE).
• Three or more years of successful leadership, supervisory, and administrative experience. (ECE experience in Private, State, or Federal programs desired).
• Experience in hiring and managing staff.
• A background in Jewish Education.
• Love for children and passion for teaching.
• No criminal record or child-related offenses.
• College degree in Child Development/Education (e.g., AA, BA/S, etc.).
• Extensive knowledge of Judaism and Judaic practices.