Temple Isaiah in Lafayette, CA seeks a dynamic, energetic, and creative Early Childhood Education Director. Directing Gan Ilan Preschool and other Temple Isaiah early childhood activities and programs, the Temple Isaiah ECE Director position is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, innovative professional seeking a role in a supportive environment where you will be empowered to be and do your best. We are looking for someone well-versed in developmental curricula in a Jewish setting, with a vision for Jewish early childhood education from birth to five years. Gan Ilan Preschool is a warm, nurturing, inclusive, Reggio-inspired Jewish early childhood education program and an integral part of the synagogue and Jewish community. Gan Ilan serves 60-90 children (depending on the Covid context) ages 2-5 years old. We maintain low classroom ratios in our play-based, constructivist preschool, and we are also proud of our strong community of young families at Temple Isaiah. The Early Childhood Education Director supports the mission and philosophy of the synagogue and is an essential, integral member of the senior staff. The ECE Director reports to the Director of Lifelong Learning (Rabbi Nicki Greninger) and is also supported by the Executive Director and Senior Rabbi of the synagogue. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a community that always strives for excellence, and to take Jewish early childhood education to the next level!
• B.A. Degree with 12 semester units in E.C.E. and 6 semester units in Preschool
• Administration and Supervision experience. Masters Degree preferred.
• Three to five years teaching experience in Early Childhood programs, preferably Jewish.
• Two years supervisory experience preferred in ECE or related field.
• Knowledge of Jewish traditions and practice, and knowledge of Hebrew a plus. Willingness to learn and implement a Jewish curriculum.
• Must meet Community Care licensing standards for a Director in a Title 22 program.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to create and maintain positive partnerships with families and staff.
• Ability to communicate with warmth and clarity with children, their parents, and staff – in person and in writing.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills, including the ability to provide vision and creativity to grow and strengthen our ECE program.
• Excellent managerial skills, including the ability to multitask, problem solve, and support teamwork and staff morale.
• Team player who enjoys collaborating with others. Eager to partner with members of a dynamic senior staff to integrate young families into the wider synagogue community.
• Maturity, flexibility, integrity, accountability, and a can-do attitude.
• Computer literacy including Excel, Word, Constant Contact and digital photography.
• Ability to lift 30-50 lbs.
Salary $85-100K. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, medical and dental insurance, family leave, professional development, and 403B contribution.