Forever transform the lives of Jewish students while living in one of the most vibrant (and warm!) Jewish communities in the United States. While we are a multi-campus Hillel, you and your team will focus on engaging students at our flagship institution, Florida Atlantic University, minutes from the beautiful beaches of Boca Raton and nestled in a community with incredible opportunity for Jewish students and professionals alike.
The Assistant Director of Campus Programming will personally, and through your supervision of a team of engagement professionals and student leaders, inspire every Jewish student to develop a personal connection to Judaism and Israel that is relevant and transformative. Your contagious energy, inclusive spirit, penchant for data and details, and creativity will serve you well as you lead the implementation of Hillel’s engagement strategy and serve as a master engager yourself. You will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Campus Rabbi as you implement the vision for student engagement and programming.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the Student Life Team and collaborate with the Campus Rabbi to design and execute an engagement strategy that connects Jewish students at Florida Atlantic University to Hillel’s mission
- Develop, oversee, and mentor a student leadership structure to support and create robust opportunities to build community and engage in Jewish life, learning, and Israel
- Supervise, mentor, and support the growth of at least 2 full time professionals and dozens of student leaders
On a day to day basis you will
- Oversee all program logistics, student-facing team members, and student leadership
- Support and partner with Campus Rabbi who develops core educational programming and executes Shabbat/holiday programs
- Teach engagement through doing – you will have and achieve your own audacious student engagement goals and facilitate cohort-based learning opportunities
- Oversee data driven student engagement strategy and foster a culture of accountability
- Set and regularly monitor goals as you lead the strategic recruitment and engagement efforts for all programs and staff members
- Coordinate Hillel’s student calendar of events and programming, including tabling, engagement, immersive experiences, Israel, social action, and overseeing student initiatives
- Guide Hillel’s Israel education, engagement, and advocacy efforts through your supervision of a Jewish Agency Israel Fellow, including cohort-learning, campus coalition building, and cultural programming
- Own the Birthright recruitment, staffing and follow-thru program, and manage logistical components of all immersive experiences
- Oversee campus marketing and promotional activities including oversight of social media for student programming purposes
- Build and maintain strong relationships, including clear and regular communication with students, university partners, and parents
- Lead weekly student life team meetings and plan quarterly student board retreats in collaboration with senior leadership
What You’ve Accomplished
- 5+ years in Jewish, experiential, or higher education
- Experience as a professional in a Jewish nonprofit organization is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent supervision skills and ability to coach others to achieve outcomes, with experience hiring and managing a team
- Success creating structures and opportunities that assist and empower students and staff to take initiative and ownership
- Record of managing multiple projects while maintaining exceptionally high quality and outcomes
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- An entrepreneurial spirit - things may not always go according to plan, but you understand that ambiguity is part of developing great new opportunities and are constantly striving to for excellence
- Comfort in managing teams, as well as working independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of what makes people tick - you can connect people’s passions and interests to Hillel’s mission
- Strong written and verbal skills, effective at communicating with a variety of stakeholders, including students, parents, and university partners
- A commitment to pluralism and comfort with your Jewish identity so you may act as a role model and mentor for emerging Jewish adults
- Owning your unique Jewish knowledge and experiences and inspiring others to be on a Jewish journey
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $55,000 - $75,000
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
About Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
South Florida is home to one of the largest and most diverse Jewish communities in the United States. Our main facility, the Levine Weinberger Jewish Life Center, is located minutes from the pristine Atlantic Ocean in Boca Raton on the campus of Florida Atlantic University, with a second facility on the campus at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale. The Jewish community is extremely active, with several Jewish day schools, many synagogues, and a variety of opportunities for young adult involvement. And we’ve got some of the best weather in the country – warm and sunny year-round, and never, ever any snow.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.