Congregation B’nai Chaim is a small, full-service, independent conservative synagogue, serving the beautiful Temecula Valley region of southern California. We draw people of all ages and backgrounds, including interfaith families.
As we look forward, we are seeking a dynamic, part-time Rabbi to help us grow and energize our membership. We have $1000 per month in our budget for this position, plus additional for leading Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur Services. We are open to having a Rabbinical Student with previous experience fill this position.
• Lead Shabbat Services and Torah Studies two weekends a month or the equivalent number of Services/Torah Studies per month, as agreed to by the Board of Directors.
• Lead holiday services. (Will be paid an additional amount for Rosh Hashonah and Yom Kippur.)
• Create a warm, welcoming, and accepting prayer environment.
• Deliver meaningful sermons designed to educate, inform, challenge, and inspire.
• Call members on birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
• Call sick or bereaved members in our community.
• Support the emotional and spiritual needs of the B’nai Chaim congregants (pastoral care).
• Work with the Board of Directors to establish strategies for active community participation.
• Be available via email for consultation by congregants.
• Tutor B’nai Mitzvah students.
• Consult with the religious school.
• Compassionate, warm, energetic, and creative.
• Accepting of diversity, including interfaith families, LGBTQ individuals, people of color, people with special needs.
• Ability to foster a sense of community within the membership.
• Ability to interpret Judaism in meaningful and relevant ways.
• Passion for education.