We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
We are looking for a passionate, thoughtful, forward thinking Associate Director to join our educational leadership team. The Associate Director is a full-time, year round position that demonstrates leadership abilities by assisting with daily operations of the school including policy implementation, curriculum coordination, development of a stimulating learning environment for faculty, children and families enrolled and creation of a warm sense of community and learning.
- Share in the responsibility for the daily operation of the Early Childhood program
- Promote and brainstorm for innovation and creativity in our classrooms and programs
- Remain current on issues and trends in early childhood education
- Assist in the design and implementation of professional development opportunities for staff
- Monitor teachers’ professional development
- Mentor teachers on teaching practices
- Support teachers in planning and implementing learning experiences and daily routines
- Participate in staff meetings and professional development seminars
- Be a resource to educators and families in regard to best practices in Jewish Early Childhood Education by providing literature, facilitating conversation and exposing them to community resources
- Model best practices within and without the classroom, including but are not limited to classroom management, diverse learning needs, and emotional responsive practice
- Support new teachers during the introduction process
- Participate and lead weekly teacher planning meetings, age group meetings, and individual reflective supervision with teachers
- Assist in creating a collaborative community of learners among the teachers
- Support and organize purchasing needs for school supplies and materials
- Ensure all state and local health department regulations are being followed and maintained.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to children, families and staff
- Experience in early childhood Judaic studies
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish values, culture and traditions
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive Early Childhood program with emphasis on age-appropriate play-based curriculum, based on Jewish Values and Ideals
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple initiatives
- Cultivate and maintain solid parent partnerships through open door, responsive, proactive communication
- Degree in Childhood Education or related field required, Masters degree required
- Classroom experience teaching in an early childhood environment
- Experience with administrative responsibilities preferred
- Deep understanding of and experience within a progressive early childhood philosophy (constructivist; emergent; Reggio-Emilia)
- Experience in early childhood Judaic studies is required
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new technologies
- Innovative and creative
- Collaborative and works well as part of a team
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong understanding of child development, inquiry based learning and experience;
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
About Magen David Yeshivah
Magen David Yeshivah is an Early Childhood through Grade 12 Jewish day school rooted in the Sephardic tradition and dedicated to academic excellence, creativity, and intellectual curiosity. As the cornerstone of the Sephardic community of New York for generations, we are proud to continue to provide a first-rate education while strengthening our community and preserving our traditions.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah. - vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah