UpStart partners with the Jewish community’s boldest leaders to expand the picture of how Jews find meaning and how we come together. Whether someone is starting a new venture, or reimagining what an existing one has to offer, UpStart gives them the entrepreneurial tools and network they need to build the Jewish community of the future.
Delivering engaging, organized, and meaningful experiences is a critical component of how UpStart brings bold Jewish ideas to light. UpStart is seeking a Program Operations Associate for our Network Pathway, who has a passion for UpStart’s mission and the desire to work with bold leaders to enhance the vitality of Jewish life.
An integral member of the Program Team, the Program Operations Associate, Network will support our work with our Network primarily through high-level operations, communications, and data collection. This role will report directly to the Director, Network Programs.
This role can be seated near any one of our hub locations (Oakland, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, or New York City). Other locations across the US will be considered. Due to COVID-19, all UpStart offices are currently working remotely until at least June 2021.
Participant Support and Communication
- Provide support to all, and manage most aspects of the outreach, application, selection and onboarding process for all network programs
- Onboard participants in network programs to relevant platforms, systems, and documents
- Manage participant-facing communication and customer-service for network-focused programs and asynchronous network initiatives
- Oversee the use, training, and maintenance of all tech platforms including Salesforce, SurveyMonkey Apply, Slack, UpStart’s Community Platform and project management tools for staff and program participants
- Coordinate programmatic details for cohort in-person and virtual gatherings, including identifying locations, working with presenters/facilitators and creating effective run-of-show documents that reflect identified curricula, integration of organizational resources, and desired impact
- Serve as the tech lead for virtual learning, and coordinate all event needs for participants
- Provide logistical and administrative support for in-person and virtual gatherings for network programs (including one- and multi-day retreats).
- Oversee and implement best practices for Inclusion and Experience Design (XD).
- Manage all financial administration for network programs, including grant disbursement processes, contract development and invoicing
- Create and implement program systems in service of new and growing programs
- Partner with People & Systems to lead development and implementation of new systems and structures that support network programming as it grows to encompass the broader network and a greater variety of offerings
Data Collection and Synthesis
- Coordinate regular check-ins with network members
- Implement ongoing collection of key program data points from network programs
- Integrate and synthesize data in Salesforce, ensuring that all data is accurate. Maintain the dashboards for participant use, and assist Metrics & Evaluations (M&E) staff by providing important data
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You have a passion for systems and structures, and can adapt to existing operations while also creating new ones. You have knowledge of the larger field of innovation and/or Jewish communal landscape. You have honed your skills in all manner of operations functions and are eager to put them to use in supporting a vast network of leaders within the Jewish innovation space.
You have the ability to juggle multiple tasks with strong time management skills, and can work across teams with emotional intelligence. You communicate clearly and effectively across multiple platforms, and you have experience with (and can quickly absorb) tech and social media platforms like Slack, Zoom, and FormAssembly, and CRM systems such as Salesforce. Overall, you enjoy problem-solving when systems are not in place or require an update.
We expect that you will navigate the balance of being a team player who loves to share and imagine with others, while also hunkering down to turn your goals into reality. You are equal parts imaginator, implementer, and structuralist – with an ability to synthesize information and adapt with resourcefulness, flexibility, and a positive attitude in an entrepreneurial culture.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful and concise cover letter, to our hiring team at the email below.
WHAT TO EXPECT
At UpStart, our Team Philosophy is to Dream with Purpose, Build the ‘What Might Be’, and Grow the Good. This philosophy underpins how we work -- and how we work together. For more about UpStart’s organizational culture, check out our culture deck on our website.
We will be openly recruiting for this position until it is filled. We will directly follow up with candidates who have advanced to our first interview round. Candidates who have been selected to advance to an initial call will be contacted directly. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact each applicant, but we still recognize and value the time and effort you’ve taken to submit your application.
Our internal process from submission to offer will look as follows:
- A preliminary call will be scheduled with our internal recruiter.
- Candidates who advance to the first interview will meet with the Hiring Manager.
- Candidates who advance to a second round will complete an experiential assignment in advance of interviewing with two primary collaborators for this position.
- Finalists will participate in a third-round interview with the Hiring Manager. References will be requested of all finalists in advance of this final meeting.