Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and working collaboratively with other members of the Development Team, the Development Research Analyst is responsible for assisting the CAO in implementing and maintaining a robust and comprehensive program of prospect research and campaign reporting to support Gann Academy’s endowment campaign.
This is a 12-month, full-time, in-person position.
Gann Academy is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe the inclusion of diverse perspectives will improve our work and produce better societal and learning outcomes for all. All employees participate in this commitment whether internally, in building a welcoming workplace culture and /or externally, in ensuring inclusive engagement with families, donors, vendors, allies, and others.
- Work collaboratively with the CAO to define the suite of reports needed for the endowment and annual campaigns with a focus on both short term and long-term goals.
- Create and manage reports, running them proactively and reactively as dictated by the stage and cadence of the campaign, as well as meeting schedules of both staff and volunteer driven prospect management activity.
- Assist with preparation of board and board committee meeting materials related to philanthropy.
- Work collaboratively to ensure correct entry of gifts and related prospect management activity.
- Work collaboratively with the CAO to define and implement Gann Academy’s prospect research program. Program elements to include industry best practices such as capacity and inclination ratings as well as both electronic and peer screening.
- Produce in-depth research and briefings on individuals, corporations and foundations using a wide variety sources, including online database services and internet resources.
- Extract, synthesize, and communicate key information which, in turn, informs and directs prospect management strategies.
- Create and maintain a moves management program to record and track progress as staff and lay leaders move prospects through the major gifts cycle toward gifts in support of the endowment campaign.
- Strategize with the CAO to develop and maintain prospect lists for key endowment priorities.
- Identify new prospects by keeping abreast of school news and programs as well as news of philanthropy that aligns with Gann’s mission.
- Ensure accurate and consistent recording of research and prospect activity in Raiser’ Edge.
- Support regular wealth screening efforts prospect subsets including reunion classes.
- Organize and assist as needed in planning and staffing both development and school events.
- Help generate lists and reports for events, direct mail, and general communications.
- Participate in staff meetings and any additional committees or meetings, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Two to three years of successful experience in advancement or related field including library science, information management or analytics.
- Excellent communication skills and a clear, concise writing style with an ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- A preference for training through Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA), Association for Advancement Services Professionals (AASP), or Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) seminars and workshops for prospect research and management.
- Ability to utilize electronic and web-based databases to conduct research, ideally Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience preferred with Raiser’s Edge, iWave, WealthEngine and prospect research subscription services.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities with a positive attitude and a sense of humor while working quickly and accurately.
- Sound judgment with a commitment to confidentiality and ethical practice.
- Persistent and imaginative in securing and analyzing of information.
- Advanced skills with MS Office suite
- Learn quickly, build effective relationships, work independently and function in a team environment.
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Must be proficient in English to carry out work as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Physical demands include dexterity for office machine/supply operation including but not limited to computer, telephone, electronic calculator, copy machine, facsimile and printers. Stooping, bending, and reaching for files or supplies, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Gann Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the school to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), and pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.