About Golda Och Academy
Golda Och Academy is a vibrant learning community that focuses on the individual intellectual, social, and spiritual needs of each child. We cultivate in students a lifelong love of learning within the context of Jewish knowledge and heritage. Our school is located on two campuses — one for the Lower School and one for the Upper School — located about two miles apart in West Orange, serving approximately 500 students from more than 60 communities across New Jersey. In the tradition of Solomon Schechter schools, Golda Och Academy grounds a rigorous academic curriculum in the culture and tenets of Conservative Judaism and welcomes students from a range of synagogue affiliations and Jewish expression.
Golda Och Academy is accepting applications for a Hebrew/Judaic Studies teacher at the Lower School campus for the 2021-2022 school year.
Candidates should have experience and demonstrate a passion for elementary school education. Qualified candidates will be masterful educators, adept at teaching Hebrew as a second language, exhibit a deep knowledge of Hebrew language and culture, have experience in differentiating instruction, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Fluent in Hebrew
• Experience in teaching the Hebrew language
• Experience with TaL Am preferred
• Computer Proficient
• Familiar with Day School education procedures
• Ability and willingness to work with students in various group settings using multiple teaching methods
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Teaching credentials from an accredited institution (North America or Israel) preferred
• Strong classroom management skills
• Commitment to meaningful collaboration with colleagues
• Excellent communication skills and commitment to keeping parents informed and engaged
• Interest in professional growth and commitment to continuous learning