About Golda Och Academy
Golda Och Academy is a vibrant learning community that focuses on the individual intellectual, social, and spiritual needs of each child. We cultivate in students a lifelong love of learning within the context of Jewish knowledge and heritage. Our school is located on two campuses — one for the Lower School and one for the Upper School — located about two miles apart in West Orange, serving approximately 500 students from more than 60 communities across New Jersey. In the tradition of Solomon Schechter schools, Golda Och Academy grounds a rigorous academic curriculum in the culture and tenets of Conservative Judaism and welcomes students from a range of synagogue affiliations and Jewish expression.
Golda Och Academy is accepting applications for an Art teacher at the Lower School campus for the 2021-2022 school year.
A strong candidate will be a creative, enthusiastic, and talented art teacher who can inspire students in the classroom and teach them to study and create art in the digital age. Responsible for many students’ first experience with creating and analyzing visual arts, strong candidates will have a proven track record of:
• guiding students to construct works of art using various media,
• teaching students about cultural innovations and influences on modern art and art theory,
• helping students develop aesthetic awareness,
• developing appropriate instructional strategies given the age, outcomes, and curriculum expectations,
• addressing individual student needs for success,
• enthusiastically participating in collaborative co-curricular and extracurricular interactions,
• supporting the mission and vision of the school in grade-specific and whole school activities,
• praising students in meaningful ways related to their academic development and achievements,
• and strong classroom management skills.
Ideal candidates will hold a degree in Art or other demonstration of mastery of a select art medium, and appropriate teaching certification. At least three years of relevant teaching experience preferred. A focus on elementary education is also strongly preferred.