The Safe Center LI provides comprehensive services to victims of domestic or dating abuse, child abuse, rape and sexual assault, and human trafficking. The Domestic Violence Counseling Program provides trauma informed services to adult victims of domestic violence and works with other agency units to ensure wrap around service delivery.
Based primarily in the Five Towns, the Domestic Violence Counselor works with adult domestic violence victims in the Orthodox Jewish community providing counseling and other services and collaborating closely with a partner agency. Partially based at our main offices in Bethpage. LCSW supervision. This is a full time position, but a highly qualified candidate available for part time will be considered.
•Provide trauma informed individual and group counseling and crisis intervention
•Provide advocacy, case management and inter- and intra-agency linkage
•Work closely with our Crisis Center, Legal Services, DV Shelter, and other units as well as the project partner agency
•Other duties as assigned
• MSW or equivalent degree required; NYS licensed or eligible for limited permit
• Must be conversant with Orthodox Judaism practices and mores
• Clinical experience required
• Experience working with domestic violence/sexual assault
• Training in trauma-informed treatment strongly preferred