Congregation Beit Simchat Torah, New York’s LGBTQS Synagogue, for individuals and families, is seeking a Development Coordinator who will be part of a three member development/fundraising team and report to the Development Director. They will have a critical role supporting CBST's development work, with tasks ranging from administrative support to implementing complex projects. The primary role of the individual is to manage the development department's workflow with a focus on donors contributing below $5000 a year. This includes: processing donations and acknowledgements, managing donor mailings and maintaining the integrity of our donor database and financial records, running pledge statements, coordinating our monthly donor program, aka Continuing Membership. The ideal candidate will represent our fundraising area with donors in the office, in email, and on Zoom or phone. They will excel at tracking information, maintaining systems for donor outreach, managing confidential notes, meeting deadlines, using tools and providing assistance to enhance the organization' s development efforts. They will also analyze and report on fundraising efforts.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
• Donations Processing: Organize and track individual donations; process online and mailed donations, enter donations in database. Prepare acknowledgements and pledge statements, by email or hard copy, and ensure a high quality online donations process. Manage the monthly membership program, updating payment and donor contact information.
• Fundraising Campaigns: Assist with preparation, implementation and follow-up for solicitations, including direct mail campaigns and others; liaise with mail-house and vendors to ensure data accuracy; prepare email and mail segmentation. Support as needed for live benefit fundraisers (June, December).
• Data Quality Assurance: Assure integrity of data and records: Review data entry for errors, update contact and additional information in CRM and email lists; support monthly and annual reconciliation with accounting; inform staff on organizational practices related to development operations.
• Donor Analyses: Undertake donor analyses on monthly, quarterly and annual basis; coordinate donor surveys; prepare donor reports for funders and board of directors. Create reports as requested. Track campaigns and pledges as required.
• Additional Supports Include: Answer calls from supporters and respond to donor correspondence; maintain departmental records; assist with logistics for donor events, and holidays.
• Minimum Qualifications: 1 - 2 years previous related experience, preferably in non-profit.
• Exceptional computer skills and an advanced knowledge of Excel. Proficient with donor database systems (NPSP/Salesforce a plus); Teams, Word, and Outlook required; Graphics (Publisher, InDesign, PowerPoint) also a plus. CBST will provide training for the right candidate.
• Organized, detailed-oriented, self-motivated with a constructive attitude; reliable; sense of humor.
• Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral. Respond appropriately to donors, vendors and colleagues at all levels with tact in challenging and confidential situations.
• Collaborative. Able to learn and take instructions while offering innovative suggestions; able to admit and learn from mistakes; willing to pitch in when colleagues need assistance and to ask for help when needed.
• Excellent time management. Focus on priorities while keeping track of other responsibilities.
• Comfort with and sensitivity to a community of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
• Knowledge of the culture, traditions, and customs of Judaism. Hebrew knowledge a plus.