Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) was established in 1981 by a group of Holocaust survivors to provide for the well-being of the men and women who serve in the IDF. The organization supports soldiers and their families with educational, social, cultural and recreational programs and facilities that help ease the burden they carry on behalf of the Israeli and the Jewish communities worldwide. FIDF is a 501c3 not-for-profit headquartered in New York City with 25 regional offices around the country and one in Panama. This position reports to the Southern Region Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s degree
Skills and/or Experience Required:
• A minimum of 5 years front-line fundraising experience.
• Knowledge of the Miami community a plus
• Demonstrated success with donor relations/account management
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Highly organized, detailed-oriented, self-motivated
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Raiser’s Edge Database knowledge a plus
Essential Job Duties:
• Build relationships with portfolio of existing mid-level donors to increase annual giving
• Cultivate and solicit new donors, including outreach to new communities
• Assist with the development of the yearly strategic workplan
• Assist with the cultivation of Foundations
• Assist with the creation and cultivation of Affinity groups
• Assist with event planning and execution, including Annual Dinner event
• Work during some evenings and Sundays required
• Performs other duties as requested.