We are seeking a highly motivated, personable, creative, tech-savvy, and detail-oriented individual to become our Programming and Marketing Coordinator. The Programming and Marketing Coordinator will work closely with our Executive Director to manage the daily operations and communications of the synagogue. A successful candidate must be a well-organized, customer service-oriented person who can work well with a team to communicate easily with others to help create and maintain a secure, welcoming synagogue environment in which congregants feel their religious, social, and communal needs are being addressed in a positive and proactive manner.
1) Managing Shul Communications; the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall be responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and implementation of all marketing and communications, including print and digital content, website, email marketing, public relations, newsletters, social media, collateral, and advertising.
2) Graphic Design & Marketing; the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall work with the Executive Director to prepare posters, flyers, and ads for physical and online presence, as well as promotion and marketing of programs on social media platforms.
3) Website and Social Media; the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall work with the Executive Director to keep the shul website current. The Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall also oversee the shul’s FaceBook account and develop other areas in which the
shul should maintain an online presence (e.g., Instagram).
4) Weekly Bulletin; working closely with the Executive Director and Rabbi, the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall assemble and produce the shul’s weekly bulletin.
5) Calendar Management; the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall be responsible for maintaining calendars for rentals and events. This includes managing the maintenance staff schedule, Simcha requests, setting up agreements/payments with all renting parties, setting up
security code access, and ensuring vendors with all shul policies/procedures.
6) Support the RJC Rabbinic Team; the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall work closely with the Senior Rabbi and Rabbi in planning visionary programs that reach all tiers of the membership, and shall work with the Rabbis to create a team atmosphere in the office working
to reach and engage the full membership.
7) Accounts Payable Support; working closely with the Executive Director, the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall assist in preparing a weekly A/P report. This includes, but is not limited to, recording all open balances in Quickbooks, setting up an Aging Summary report, and
clerical support in preparing payments.
8) Reception; the Programming and Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for managing the “front desk.” This includes answering all calls to the mainline, managing the front door “buzzed” entry, and receiving all walk-ins. The Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall
assess and address all inquiries/requests and shall forward to the appropriate parties as deemed necessary.
9) Fund For Needy (FFN) Basic Account Management; the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall work closely with the Executive Director to prepare checks on behalf of the FFN as per the instructions of the FFN committee.
10) Maintaining Office/Shul Supplies; with help from the maintenance team, the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall be responsible for keeping track of and re-ordering office, janitorial, and food supplies.
11) Misc. Administrative Needs; as needed, the Programming and Marketing Coordinator shall be responsible for various, reasonable administrative tasks.
- Experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities, including
digital and print communications, websites, social media, and public relations.
- Exceptional writing, and content planning skills.
- Understanding of Jewish rituals, life cycle events, holidays, and customs.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, creative
problem-solving abilities, and the ability to manage multiple priorities, perform efficiently in a
fast-paced environment, and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- A high level of computer skills, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, MS
Office Suite, and Quickbooks Online.
- Experience with ShulCloud, a membership management system, is a plus.
- Ability to assist clergy, professionals, and lay personnel in meeting important deadlines.
About the RJC:
We are a vibrant Modern Orthodox congregation and community in NY with a membership of approximately 400 member units, spanning a wide range of demographics. We have a long-standing history of connecting to the State of Israel, excellent youth programming, a robust adult education program, and are an institution at the center of the Jewish community to which people are drawn for
religious, cultural, educational, social, and recreational activities.