The Lifestyle Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development and oversight of resident services, including planning, and coordinating opportunities for residents that promote
a level of health, well-being, engagement, and growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Assists in planning, scheduling, and conducting lifestyle programs that provide physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual opportunities for the residents.
• Attends all community planned functions and coordinates event from beginning to end including setup, running, and breaking down for the event.
• Helps plan appropriate programs for holidays and special events.
• Distributes community newsletter. Meets with new residents to introduce the program.
• Provides ongoing communication with residents and, as necessary, family members.
• Assists Director in leadership of wellness program.
• Addresses resident groups and other groups on subjects of common interest.
• Interacts with residents, guests, and staff in an atmosphere of hospitality.
• Protects the privacy of the resident when communicating oral and written information.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership and promote team spirit with staff, interdisciplinary team, and department heads.
• Supervise and counsel staff to fulfill the objectives of the transportation department.
• Create and maintain a motivating environment that encourages employee involvement, creativity and problem solving.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
• Minimum associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Additional educational requirements for providing services in a Licensed Nursing Home are a bachelor’s degree in Sociology or Recreational Therapy, or an Activity Director Certification.