The Alliance for Middle East Peace (ALLMEP) seeks a bold, dynamic, creative, and thoughtful leader to guide its U.S. operations and initiatives in their next stage of growth. The U.S. Director will be ALLMEP’s senior advocate and chief operations officer in the United States, managing complex relationships with Washington policymakers, high-value donors, foreign diplomats, community organizations, and the media.
This position provides a rare opportunity to contribute to Israeli and Palestinian peace and security by building a strong network of supporters in the United States, advocating on behalf of tens of thousands of Israelis and Palestinians who are building cooperation and a foundation for lasting peace, and to build bridges between those regional peacebuilders and the many Americans of all backgrounds who care deeply about peace in the region.
As a core member of the global executive team, the U.S. Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the regional team in implementing ALLMEP’s worldwide initiatives, especially the establishment of a multi-million dollar International Fund for Israeli-Palestinian Peace, following the successful enactment of MEPPA. The director must skillfully manage a broad coalition of allies, leverage relationships, and constantly adapt complex strategies to navigate a fast-changing policy and political environment. We are looking for a candidate who is able to think strategically and manage effectively, so that each of these priorities and stakeholders can simultaneously flourish. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience in planning and executing comprehensive strategies; managing and motivating team members; designing efficient systems for financial operations, internal communications and reporting; and of working in a complex international organization with varied stakeholders.
Chief North American Advocate and Spokesperson
- Lead strategy, outreach, education and advocacy to Congress, Executive Branch, foreign diplomats, and community organizations;
- Develop, plan, and execute public and private advocacy days, conferences, meetings, and events;
- Serve as an executive spokesperson on behalf of ALLMEP and as an expert on Middle East citizen-led diplomacy to target audiences; and
- In partnership with the Digital Communications Manager, ensure that ALLMEP’s mission, programing and agenda are clearly and professionally communicated to external stakeholders.
- In partnership with the Development Manager and Executive Director, create and implement a robust organizational fundraising strategy;
- Develop and steward a robust donor base working with some of the most prominent philanthropists in the US and abroad to meet the organization’s development goals;
- Develop new relationships with foundation donors;
- In partnership with the Development Manager, create and execute fundraising events and meetings, as well as tours of target regions/cities; and
- Consult with the Executive Director on major programs and grants
- Oversee all US operations of ALLMEP, including managing staff, human resources, and ALLMEP’s US financial and legal obligations (budgeting, taxes, insurance, etc);
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Regional Director, oversee and manage ALLMEP’s global operational infrastructure; and
- In partnership with the global executive team, successfully execute ALLMEP’s strategic plan, including the creation of performance indicators
- Bachelor degree; higher degree or equivalent experience preferred;
- At least 5+ years experience in successful advocacy and fundraising;
- At least 3+ years experience as a successful manager;
- Financial management experience (organizational or programmatic);
- Deep understanding of Israeli-Palestinian history, politics and issues;
- Experience with advocacy before Congress and the Executive Branch;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal and consensus-building skills, and ability to manage diverse views;
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse, worldwide team in-person and remotely;
- Willingness to work remotely; and
- Proficient and independent computer and technology user.
- Passion for Middle East peace and the transformative power of citizen diplomacy;
- Facilitation and coalition building experience;
- Event planning experience;
- Public relations experience;
- Program monitoring and evaluation experience;
- Fundraising and/or grant-writing and reporting experience;
- Familiarity with operating a CRM;
- Hebrew and/or Arabic language skills; and
- Knowledge or experience working directly on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. ALLMEP will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position will be based on experience, but highly competitive. ALLMEP provides 100% employer-paid healthcare and vision insurance for its employees and dependents.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.