Magen David Yeshivah is looking for an Assistant Principal to lead, direct and supervise the Elementary School program. We are also looking for an Assistant Principal for our Middle School program.
1. Instructional Leadership
- Assist the Principal in the development, implementation, improvement and evaluation of the instructional program conforming to the school's mission statement.
- Provide instructional leadership by keeping current in instructional techniques and technology.
- Work as part of a collaborative leadership team in school administration
- Assist in evaluation of student academic performance and provide leadership to improve this performance.
- Conduct parent and student meetings and attend all school activities
2. Staff Personnel
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow)
- Assist in screening, interviewing, and recommending employment and contractual status of staff.
- Mentor, assess and assist in the evaluation and supervision of teachers.
3. Curriculum Development
- Assist in coordination and development of the curriculum.
- Work with principal in implementing new programs into the curriculum.
4. Pupil Personnel
- Partner with parents in working to provide children with optimal levels of challenge
- Assists staff to develop appropriate responses to student behavior.
5. Public Relations
- Support the school/community organizations.
- Develop and maintain positive communication with the community.
- Must have Rabbinical Ordination and/or a Masters degree’s degree or higher, preferably in a major concentration in educational administration
- At least five years of successful highly qualified teaching experience in education required.
- Strong skills in culturally relevant education and a demonstrated ability to work with teachers, staff, and the community to maximize student achievement.
- Ability to implement policy based progressive discipline with students and staff with consistent and equitable conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills to support staff evaluation, school-wide strategic planning, and professional development activities.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply. Private transportation from Manhattan can be provided for faculty.
About Magen David Yeshivah
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah. - vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah