Early Childhood Director -Maayan Torah Day School
Preschool located in the Portland Metropolitan area, seeks an Early Childhood Director to further develop our Jewish preschool as we take our high-quality early childhood program to the next stages of growth. Our preschool implants a love for learning and for Judaism, through play and learning experiences. We value each child as a unique treasure and want every child to feel cherished in our program.
Our Director will have strong knowledge of early childhood education to meet our mission. S/he will demonstrate an ability to develop curriculum for our three classrooms, integrating developmentally appropriate learning opportunities. The Director will guide, collaborate and lead a team of preschool staff in best educational practices. We seek a leader who can nurture children, families, and teachers in their journey.
The Director will be a critical member of our school’s leadership team. This is an ideal opportunity for an educator who wants to deeply impact children, families and local community.
JOB SUMMARY: The Early Childhood Director is responsible to ensure that all students learn the basic and essential skills at each preschool age level. This position will engender and develop the loving atmosphere and positive environment conducive to the intellectual, social and emotional development of children through a variety of experiences. The Director will build our student body through recruitment of new families to our program.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Plan and implement an early childhood program that adheres to Maayan’s philosophy, goals and objectives and meets student needs.
Quality of Education
• Curriculum Development
• Classroom Management
• Student Assessment
• Staff Management and Development
Quality of Program
• Hire teaching staff/substitutes.
• Specialties/fieldtrips for children, programs for parents.
• Oversee parent/school communication
• Create relationships with parents in preschool.
Growth of Preschool
• Promote preschool through a variety of means
• Develop relationships with potential parents.
• Maintain Licensure Requirements
Hygiene and Sanitation
• Oversee procedures that ensure hygiene and sanitation.
Any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field.
• Four years’ professional teaching/educational experience preferred.
• Meet requirements for Preschool Director set by the Childcare Division of the Oregon Department of Education (STEP 9, RRCAN, Food Handler’s, Health & Safety Training, CBR, Pediatric CPR & First Aid)
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other staff, parents/guardians, and students.
• Ability to create and follow school policies and procedures.
COMPENSATION – This position is a salaried position and the compensation is based on experience. Benefits such as health insurance and tuition discounts are available for full time employees.
• Students come from supportive families.
• We promote a nurturing, positive, environment that enjoys helping children develop their abilities, strengths, and Jewish connection.
• Family community feel & friendly environment.
We look forward to hearing how you can lead our early childhood program!