Congregation Beth Ahm is a Conservative synagogue whose purpose is to provide opportunities for people to explore and practice Judaism in a warm and approachable environment. To fulfill this purpose, a full-time program & engagement coordinator is needed. The goal is to fill this role on July 1, 2021.
Reporting to the Rabbi, and in cooperation with the Executive Director and support staff, the role of the Program & Engagement Coordinator will be to develop programming and engagement opportunities that increase youth, family, and individual participation and connection to synagogue life.
To achieve the objective of this position, the Program & Engagement Coordinator will:
• Facilitate working teams/committees focused on youth & family and congregational programming such as Men’s Club, Shabbat lunch, Sisterhood, and tikkun olam. Provide leadership to the team so they can identify specific program ideas, develop a program calendar and publicity, recruit the necessary help and participants, assist in program execution, and facilitate program reviews. As needed, implement programs in consultation with the teams/committees or synagogue staff.
• Lead the development and implementation of meaningful High Holiday youth programming.
• Assist with the congregation’s communications activities including the management of ongoing social media activity.
• Identify, pursue, and/or represent Beth Ahm for partnered and collaborative programs.
• Coordinate core job responsibilities and activity with other staff members to support the overall mission of the congregation and provide assistance in engaging congregants in ritual life.
A strong candidate will possess the following traits and abilities:
• Must be a dynamic and motivating leader with strong planning and creative skills.
• Knowledge of Jewish tradition and previous Jewish camp, youth group, synagogue, school or agency experience is preferred.
• Must have a high degree of schedule flexibility with the ability to work nights and weekends and be onsite for Shabbat and Holidays as needed.
• Strong communication, social media, and interpersonal skills are required to interact with people of all ages.
• Ability to multi-task combined with excellent organizational ability is needed to successfully handle multiple programs and engagement opportunities simultaneously.
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to foresee and correct problems before they happen is required.