Congregation B’nai Israel
Youth Engagement Professional
Congregation B’nai Israel (CBI) is a thriving and connected Jewish community, joyfully inspired by tradition and passionately committed to worship, study and repairing the world. We exist to make life’s Jewish journey more meaningful together. We believe our congregation should be a connected family, we believe that Judaism is always relevant, and we believe a congregation should be here for you at every stage of life.
CBI seeks an enthusiastic, creative, friendly and positive Jewish individual to join our congregational family as our Youth Engagement Professional (YEP). This individual will serve as both a mentor and a positive role model to our youth, inspiring and encouraging strong connections to Jewish life and community. The YEP will cultivate relationships throughout CBI, both in the schools and our youth groups. Our religious school, the School for Living Judaism (SLJ) has a current enrollment of 345 students in grades K- 12. Our preschool, the Nadel Center for Early Childhood Education (NCECE) has over 500 students, ranging from 6 weeks-PreK.
Our vibrant and active youth groups include BISY (B’nai Israel Senior Youth) grades 9-12), Club 678 (grades 6-8), Club 345 (grades 3-5) and Chaverim (grades K-2).
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a concentration in education, Jewish Education, Jewish Studies, recreation and/or psychology
• Experience working with teens as a teacher or counselor, or related experience at a residential Jewish summer camp
• Experience with youth programming for a variety of age groups
• Experience within the Reform Jewish world and NFTY
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Team player
• Strong organizational skills
• Computer proficiency
• Social media proficiency
• Financial management proficiency (basic budgeting)
• Comfort with problem solving and conflict resolution
• Confidence and compassion
• Coordinate and supervise activities for all youth groups
• Publicize all activities through social media and internal synagogue marketing
• Collaborate and meet regularly with synagogue staff and clergy
• Teach classes in religious school
• Chaperone student retreats and NFTY events
• Coordinate youth services (High Holidays, Shabbat, holidays, etc.)
• Liaison to Early Childhood program