Congregation Ahavath Chesed seeks experienced educator with warmth, vision, and collaborative spirit, to partner with our clergy to create an outstanding educational experience for members of all ages. Our Synagogue (known locally as "the Temple") is a diverse, inclusive, and active Reform congregation located in Jacksonville, Florida. Our new Director of Congregational Learning will have three main areas of focus including our religious school, youth engagement programming, and adult learning.
Religious school responsibilities include:
- Hire, evaluate, and train religious school faculty
- Adopt and oversee curriculum implementation that incorporates Hebrew study and Jewish culture, values, and knowledge
- Be responsive to students, parents, teachers, and other congregants
- Build and sustain a nurturing environment that enhances enthusiasm for a lifetime of Jewish learning.
- Build and develop a program to engage Birth-PK children and their families
- Oversee and implement intergenerational family education and parent education programs
Youth Engagement responsibilities include:
- Supervise the youth group coordinator
- Assure an engaging and integrated Temple experience for all youth
- Develop outreach programming to college students
Adult education responsibilities include:
- Creation of new offerings
- Promotion and marketing of offerings
- Collaboration and coordination of planning with lay leaders