Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Hillel of Greater MetroWest (Hillel GMW) as the Student Engagement Associate. You will partner with students to plan awesome events, ensure that Hillel is a welcoming space for all students, and mentor student leaders and help inspire them to make a commitment to Jewish life.
We are seeking a part-time (approximately 29 hours per week) professional to focus on student engagement, working with campus administration and programming. Candidates should have experience working with young adults, have a passion for Jewish life, and the ability to think creatively. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, is great at engaging with 18-22 year olds, and is familiar with social media, data entry and office work.
What You’ll Do
- Find and engage Jewish students on campus and virtually, and nurture their involvement with Hillel
- Facilitate leadership training and development with students
- Organize and keep track of student engagement on each campus
- Help students plan and implement events and programs on campus and virtually
- Shop and run errands for Hillel events
- Work directly with campus administration to ensure the needs of students are met
- Meet weekly with the Hillel Director
- Attend regular Hillel conferences, and benefit from ample professional development opportunities from Hillel International
- Opportunity to travel to Israel to staff our local Birthright Israel trips
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- 1-4 years of experience in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness and ability to take thoughtful risks
- Confidence creating, initiating and running programs, and comfort asking questions
- Outgoing, friendly and engaging personality
- Ability to problem-solve in creative ways
- A passion for Judaism, and the belief that our work isn’t done until all Jewish students have the chance to connect to Jewish life on campus
- A strong knowledge of Google Suites and social media
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $25,000-$35,000
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
About Hillel of Greater MetroWest NJ
Hillel of Greater MetroWest NJ (Hillel GMW) is a multi-campus Hillel that serves 6 campuses in Central/Northern NJ. Schools include Montclair State University, Seton Hall University, Kean University, NJIT, Rutgers Newark, and Fairleigh Dickinson (Madison campus). Hillel GMW's mission is to create a strong and welcoming Jewish community on campus, to facilitate meaningful experiences for students, to foster Jewish education and awareness, and to help develop and grow students' Jewish identities, their connection to Israel, and their relationship with the world. Hillel of Greater MetroWest is affiliated with Hillel International and Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel of Greater MetroWest is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.