• Oversee and implement all aspects of American Friends of Tel Aviv University’s (AFTAU’s)
event production and design, from gala fundraising dinners to lectures and alumni
gatherings, while working collaboratively with national staff and lay leadership in multiple
locations to ensure that event logistics, outside vendors, marketing, and registration are
• Manage event registration.
• Coordinate schedules and organize travel for TAU professors visiting the US.
• Source venues and vendors including but not limited to; catering, audio visual, hotels,
security, and speakers.
• Negotiate contracts with outside vendors and subcontractors that ensure lowest cost and
• Determine budget requirements and manage budgets accordingly in conjunction with
senior management team.
• Work with CMO and the marketing team to create brand materials consistent with
goals and objectives of each event.
• Establish event timelines, staff schedules, and task assignments. Manage timeline.
• Act as a project manager for all events (virtual and in-person) from conceptualizing to executing.
• Deliver service excellence that is in keeping with the organization’s brand.
• Organize and implement post event follow up including thank you eblasts.
• Arrange national teleconferences.
? 3-5 years of experience in event planning.
? Raiser’s Edge knowledge and experience a plus.
? Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
? Experience working with budgets, vendors and contracts.
? Excellent verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to turn ideas into action.
? Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft invitations and related event materials.
? Entrepreneurial spirit, motivated self-starter.
? Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of personalities.
? Good sense of humor and unflappable nature; willingness to get your hands dirty (literally).
? Flexible work schedule with ability to travel and work evenings and weekends when needed. (minimal)
? Must be based in New York metropolitan area.
? Passion for the mission of TAU.
? Team player
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
American Friends of the Tel Aviv University is an equal opportunity employer.