Ilan Ramon Day School seeks to hire a well-qualified part time elementary school science specialist for the Fall 2021 who is creative, energetic, and passionate about teaching. Successful candidates will have experience implementing curriculum that emphasizes a hands-on, constructivist, student-centered approach. The science teacher will provide instruction to grades 1-5. Qualified candidates will create lesson plans, plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, while staying current on the latest technology, innovation and scientific discoveries. This person will work collaboratively with the general studies faculty in developing an exciting, innovative, and creative curriculum.
This job can also be structured as either part time or if full time is desired, when not teaching science the teacher will assist instruction in other elementary school classrooms.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Plan and prepare lesson plans and instructional activities by identifying clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations
• Utilize a variety of learning materials and resources for use in the classroom
• Identify student instructional levels and differentiate instruction
• Use relevant technology to support instruction
• Encourage and monitor progress of all students
• Effectively communicate with parents and administration to maximize student growth
• Continue to grow professionally. Keep updated with current pedagogy and implement changes to instruction as needed
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
• Professional Teacher Certification
• Relevant teaching experience
• Knowledge of relevant technology
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Passion for teaching
Ilan Ramon Day School prepares our children to embrace the diverse challenges of the 21st century. We are a community Jewish day school with an integrated curriculum focused on critical thinking, community involvement, the values of Judaism, and a personal connection to Israel. Our innovative program develops lifelong learners and leaders by emphasizing intellectual, spiritual and creative development with a focus on the social-emotional growth of each student. Ilan Ramon Day School is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about IRDS, please visit us at: www.ilanramondayschool.com