About Meyer Prep:
Meyer Preparatory School is a state-of-the-art JK-8th grade dual-curriculum college preparatory school that has served as an educational leader in the lives of South Florida families for the past 46 years. A member of the Posnack School Network, Meyer Prep is a vibrant school community that nurtures each child’s individual potential.
To support the health and safety of faculty, staff, students, and families, Meyer Prep has invested extensively in training, technology and maintenance equipment. In addition to providing on-campus rapid COVID-19 and flu testing, Meyer Prep has installed new air filtration systems and ultraviolet lights, upgraded sanitizing equipment, and initiated numerous other infrastructure enhancements throughout the campus. All staff and students are required daily to report on wellness, undergo temperature checks, and wear approved facial coverings. These protocols may be revised during summer by the Medical Advisory Committee.
Meyer Preparatory School is looking for an elementary school level Rabbi, someone who is enthusiastic and dedicated to working with young children, Junior Kindergarten through 5th grade. Aside from daily classroom instruction in Judaic studies and tefilah, this educator will also be involved with the planning, coordinating, running and/or assisting, in collaboration with other Meyer Prep faculty, Jewish events and celebrations that take place on campus.
Responsibilities and Duties/ Essential Job Functions:
· Introduce the love of the Jewish way of life, its celebrations, traditions, laws, and customs.
· Education: both formal (curriculum/Torah text/Jewish literature) and informal (experiential and grade appropriate activities).
· Utilize prayers, songs, and visual arts into the curriculum.
· Track and report performance data to determine where changes need to be made and which strategies and methods are working.
· Attend special events held by the school and engage with students and/or parents in an appropriate, friendly way.
· Attend work a maximum of eight working days prior to the commencement of classes and two administrative days following the conclusion of the spring semester of the school year.
· Adhere to all aspects of the Meyer Way!
· Participate in the ongoing curriculum development of Meyer Preparatory School and attend all teacher meetings.
· Communicate with the parents of each student.
· Prepare and present regular oral and written reports to parents concerning their child’s education and welfare.
· Maintain student and family confidentially both on and off the Meyer Preparatory campus.
· Performs other duties as may be deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
· It is essential for the Employee to arrive on time to work every scheduled workday. It is essential for the Employee to maintain good attendance and give ample notice, when possible, when Employee will be absent. It is essential for Employee to speak to co-workers with respect and to follow all of the requirements and expectations in the Employee Handbook.
Rabbinic ordination, graduate school preferred, 2 years or more of experience teaching elementary school Judaic studies.
Meyer Preparatory provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.