Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County is a warm, inclusive Jewish day school that educates children from Early Childhood through Eighth Grade with a vigorous dual curriculum in general and Judaic studies. We inspire our students to be engaged, independent learners who embrace Jewish values and practices and strive with confidence and compassion to better the world. We are seeking a passionate 3rd/4th Grade Hebrew/Judaic Studies full time teacher to work in a co-teaching, collaborative, warm, academic environment beginning in the fall of 2021.
• Teach Hebrew, Humash, Israel Education, Parashat HaShavua, Hagim, Tefillah and Middot
• Maintain a warm, well-organized, safe, classroom environment that encourages inquiry and curiosity
• Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and independence
• Collaborate with co-teachers to support differentiation and modify assignments as needed for students.
• Support student growth with varied learning and organizational strategies to foster student skills.
• Set goals and implement strategies for student growth and learning
• Communicate with parents about student growth
Background in Special Education preferred.
Familiarity with Tal AM and iTaLAM and Chaverim B’Ivrit preferred.