Director of Development / Fundraiser
A non-profit organization, helping to provide food and resources for the impoverished in Israel, is seeking an experienced fundraiser in the US.
The primary responsibility of the Development Director/Fundraiser is to develop relationships with prospective and current donors as well as manage and implement grant proposals for a variety of funders to raise money and awareness for the organization. The director will form a strategic solicitation plan and will maintain a personal relationship with new donors and steward current donors in order to maximize donor retention,
engagement and investment.
• Organizing and managing a high-quality development office and systems
• Being accountable for all fundraising activities including maintaining and increasing funding received from individuals, events, foundations, corporations and other sources
• Manage effective identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition of donors and prospects
• Work closely with the CEO and key volunteers to identify, solicit, and secure major gift commitments
• Identifying and developing major gift prospects.
• Face-to-face meetings for solicitation.
• Board and Committee development, cultivation and membership.
• Recruiting and managing volunteers to carry out various functions within the organization.
• Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organizing events.
• Developing and tracking all grant proposals.
• Overseeing all fundraising content and promotional materials.
Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
Creative self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
Superior problem solving and multi-tasking ability.
Public speaking skills.
Experience leading successful fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
Excellent computer skills.
Proven 5-10 years of fundraising experience.