General Position Description
The Preschool Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
This position reports to Preschool Director and temple Co-President
• Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
• Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
• Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
• Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
• Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
• Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
• Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
• Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
• Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
• Follow all COVID-19 guidelines
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Minimum of 2 years of professional child-care experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
• High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
• A strong understanding of child development.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
• Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
• 15 ECC units
Looking for full-time, part-time, flexible schedule, summer and fall start time.
Burbank Temple Emanu El Early Childhood Center
1302 N Glenoaks Blvd, Burbank, CA 91504
Contact: Cindy Cohe***************