Congregation Beth Tikvah is a vibrant, inclusive Reform Congregation of 460 families located in Northwest Columbus, Ohio. We are looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant who is well-organized with excellent communication skills and a servant’s heart to join our team as a part-time (up to 28 hours per week) employee.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Willingness and ability to work up to a maximum of 28 hours per week
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all members and staff of Beth Tikvah
• Basic computer skills to produce written and graphic documents
• Ability to learn and operate software packages
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a receptionist or Administrative Assistant
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to conduct internet research
• Strong organizational skills
• Time management and ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
• A positive attitude
• Takes pride in their work
• Other duties as assigned
• Technology skills to assist with Zoom and streaming.
Specific Job Description:
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Rabbi and Executive Director. You will work no more than 28 hours per week, Monday through Friday. You will leverage outstanding organizational and time management skills to perform the general office functions, including the following:
• Maintain safe and organized reception area, lobby and vestibule
• Contribute to team effort of employees
• Serve as the first contact with members, visitors and vendors to answer questions, provide information and/or direct problems to the appropriate person.
• Maintain security procedures
• Answer telephone, screen calls, take messages, direct calls to appropriate extension
• General office tasks such as filing
• Maintain master calendar
• Prepare weekly service leaflet, pamphlets, and certificates
• File and copy documents
• Greet guests at the door
• Coordinate all out-going mailings, perform mail mergers, take bulk-mail to post office, open and disburse incoming mail. Maintain postage supplies & postage machine
• Prepare weekly incoming/outgoing Check Register/mail invoices
• Coordinate and mail member service ticket requests, build signage and other preparations for services; track and coordinate handicapped parking requests; order flowers.
• Prepare & send weekly notices lifecycle notices and contribution acknowledgements
• Event coordination, including recording reservations and RSVPs, ordering flowers; tracking inventory and placing linen orders for services and special events
• Help with Gift Shop sales
• Purchase office supplies and keep office supply closet and mail room organized.
• Make travel arrangements and schedule meetings for clergy and speakers
• Coordinate appointments, calendars, and service materials
• Prepare materials for teaching sessions, meetings, and lifecycle events.
• Create thank you notes for donations
• Manage software to track life cycle events
• Prepare service announcements
• Other tasks as they arise
We offer a flexible schedule, but the position requires you to work five days per week. We also offer the opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative, friendly, warm, and welcoming work environment with a great team.