Headquartered in New York, the Claims Conference is a global, non-profit organization committed to providing a small measure of justice to Holocaust Survivors. Since our founding in 1951, the Claims Conference has secured more than $70 billion from the German government in indemnification for Survivors. In 2020, the Claims Conference distributed over $411 million in direct compensation and over $640 million in grants that provide support to over 130,000 Survivors worldwide. Our Research, Education, and Documentation (RED) funds contribute toward global efforts to educate the public and preserve the memory of the Holocaust through teacher training programs, exhibitions, and films such as Son of Saul, an Academy Award winner for Best Foreign Film. At the Claims Conference, we honor history while making history.
The Claims Conference is looking for a Database Coordinator to join our Allocations Department. This individual will manage our client level reporting database known as Diamond. The ideal candidate is analytical, takes ownership of their work, and is a strong collaborator. The skills that will enable your success are advanced technical skills, database management, and productive multitasking.
• Acting as system administrator of Diamond;
• Performing quality checks and testing of new versions of Diamond;
• Supporting Allocations staff and agency users with use of Diamond;
• Investigating production issues reported by internal and external users of Diamond;
• Documenting meeting results, user requirements, action items, project activities, etc;
• Preparing reports and materials for analysis, documentation, and planning of future allocations using data from Diamond, Fluxx and any other available data source;
• Analyzing enhancement requests and determine priority;
• Creating ad-hoc reports;
• Matching Project, as needed;
• Additional tasks assigned, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Detail oriented, methodical, and able to meet deadlines;
• Strong Communication skills;
• Previous system management experience preferred (Fluxx);
• Proficient in MS Office Suite; including advanced excel skills.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In compliance with NYS Labor Law Section 194-a, the Claims Conference does not seek salary history information from job applicants.