jHUB provides new ways for interfaith couples and families to comfortably explore, discover, and personalize the meaning of Jewish culture and values in the modern world. Our core values are non-judgmental, understanding and responsive. We strive to create spaces where every person feels comfortable, truly welcomed and valued for who they are. jHUB offers a variety of opportunities to support an individual’s or family’s exploration of Judaism including social gatherings, holiday experiences, Jewish learning, clergy referral service, personalized Jewish connections, and more. In addition to its programs, jHUB works with Jewish institutions and others to create awareness and sensitivity to the unique needs of interfaith families, and foster a welcoming, inclusive Jewish community throughout Greater Cleveland.
jHUB partners with Honeymoon Israel, an organization that provides highly subsidized, immersive trips to Israel for couples with at least one Jewish partner, early in their committed relationship. The purpose of the trip and local follow-up programming is to create communities of couples who are committed to exploring raising Jewish families. Honeymoon Israel’s agenda is to expand the definition of Jewish life in America and to offer enjoyable experiences for couples to connect with one another and to the Jewish community in whatever way works for them. jHUB staffs an annual Cleveland Honeymoon Israel trip.
jHUB is a joint initiative of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland and the Jewish Education Center of Cleveland, and is an affiliate of 18Doors. Learn more at www.jHUBCle.org.
About the Position:
jHUB is seeking to fill a new full-time position of Communications and Project Manager. Primary responsibilities include managing jHUB’s social media presence, email and database; supporting the Cleveland cohort of Honeymoon Israel and follow up programming; supporting the programs and activities of jHUB by helping with logistics and planning, staffing events and more; and working to build lines of communication and partnerships with local organizations and professionals. Based on the candidate, there is room for a person to grow in this position and possibly create new jHUB programming. This new position is an opportunity to work in a dynamic setting that will engage with a growing and critically important segment of the Jewish community.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates reflective of the communities jHUB serves, including people in interfaith relationships, individuals with varied identities and backgrounds, including Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, Jews of color and LGBTQIA people.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; comfort working with or ability to learn a variety of technical tools; and be savvy with social media. We are seeking someone who is highly organized and collaborative, detail oriented, has strong time management skills, is open minded, and who thrives in a fluid, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment. This position will report to the Director of jHUB.
• Social media management
• Coordinate with our marketing agency on all communications
• Data entry and management
• Honeymoon Israel program oversight and follow-up, with an expectation to lead the annual Cleveland Honeymoon Israel trip beginning
with the 4th annual trip in 2022
• Cultivate relationships with jHUB and Cleveland Honeymoon Israel participants
• Building partnerships and collaborating with local and national organizations
• Manage event logistics
• Serve as the face of jHUB at community programs
• Communicate directly with participants, local organizations, and professionals
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Approachable and friendly
• Excellent listener
• High emotional intelligence
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience in project management and analyzing data
• Compassionate and sensitive to the needs of others
• Knowledge of Jewish culture, customs, and ideas
• Flexibility to conduct outreach and run Jewish programming on Friday evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and Jewish Holidays
• Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot and Slack
A Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Position offers competitive salary, benefits, and a great work environment.