Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Associate, Risk Management and Investment Partnerships.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Comprehensively support all aspects of CJP’s risk management, investment, Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) and other related programs, and the activities of the Vice President, Risk Management & Investment Partnerships. Perform initial contract review and coordinate contract signature process. Coordinate meetings and follow up for CJP’s insurance program. Administer marketing initiatives for DAFs and maintain key DAF materials and records. Prepare and distribute receipts for cash gifts to DAFs and endowments and for gifts of less liquid assets. Monitor distributions from estates and trusts. Support administration of irrevocable planned gifts. Coordinate outreach, compliance and governance activities for the Jewish Community Endowment Pool, LLP (JCEP) and other CJP investment programs. Manage correspondence and scheduling for the Vice President, Risk Management and Investment Partnerships.
• Perform administrative activities for CJP’s risk management, investment, Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) and other related programs, and in support of the Vice President, Risk Management and Investment Partnerships, including but not limited to preparing correspondence, scheduling internal and external meetings, recording activities in databases, and other administrative duties.
• Coordinate contract review and approval process, including performing initial contract review and follow up of open items and issue resolution. Manage flow of contractor approval forms and contracts among managers, Human Resources, Risk Management, and other parties.
• In cooperation with the other Finance team members, support CJP’s insurance program. Schedule meetings with insurance broker/consultant. Attend and track follow up items from meetings. Coordinate billing and document flow with CJP affiliates participating in insurance program.
• Coordinate marketing initiatives for DAFs, in close coordination with Marketing colleagues. Maintain up to date DAF forms, monthly investment reports, and other key documents. Create and maintain electronic and paper records related to DAFs.
• Monitor distributions from estates and trusts to CJP, including correspondence with attorneys and estate representatives. Ensure that distributions are received and appropriately recorded, receipted and recognized.
• Draft correspondence related to gifts to endowment and DAFs, creation of new DAFs, notifications to CJP of bequests pending, and related matters for the Chief Financial Officer, Vice President, Risk Management and Investment Partnerships, and others.
• Prepare and distribute receipts for gifts to CJP of less liquid assets, and support receipting for cash gifts to DAFs and endowments.
• Support outreach, compliance, investor relations, and governance activities for the Jewish Community Endowment Pool, LLP (JCEP), including coordinating the JCEP Annual Meeting.
• Support the activities of the CJP Investment Committee by attending and preparing minutes for meetings, and tracking attendance and compliance matters for volunteers.
• Send premium reminders and coordinate payments to insurers for all CJP owned life insurance. Coordinate efforts to secure death benefits from matured policies.
• Support annual audit by securing cash values for life insurance policies, performing present value analysis for gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts, and tracking bequests pending.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required.
• 1-3 years related experience including support for legal, financial, insurance and/or risk management administration.
• Working knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills.
• Strong writing and editing skills desired.
• Desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Proficient with Word, Excel, Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, Database Systems.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time and meet deadlines.
• Ability to author and accurately proofread documents and correspondence.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ID=3671840
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.