Agamim Classical Academy is a K-8, public charter school. We opened in the fall of 2015 with grades K-4 and will have grades through 8 in the 2021-2022 school year. We train all of our teachers to teach the classical subjects of grammar, logic, and rhetoric. Classical teachers learn to teach students to think critically and wisely through exposure to challenging literature and primary source material, Socratic-style questioning, and memorization techniques. All of our students will study and uphold our five core virtues of Fortitude, Gratitude, Joyfulness, Temperance, and Wisdom which prepare children for a life enriched with Truth, Beauty and Goodness. We are a public school that prizes the American values of Liberty and E pluribus unum, and we see developing wise, informed, articulate adult citizens active in civic life as a high purpose of classical education.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Agamim welcomes applications from Hebrew teachers who are excited to become an essential part of the first public elementary school in Minnesota to offer Modern Hebrew as a world language. Modern Hebrew is taught to each grade level in the immersion-style for 1 hour every day.
• Excellent communication skills (Hebrew and English)
• Native or near-native Hebrew fluency
• Knowledge of language acquisition and/or Proficiency-based language instruction
• Successful classroom experience in an early childhood or elementary setting
• Interest in learning the Classical approach
• Strong classroom management skills
• Flexible, team player, gets along well with others
• Passion for the success of Agamim students
• A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
• Permission to work in the United States
• A successful background check