The mission of the Schechter Holocaust Services (SHS) program is to support survivors' ability to live at home and connect with community. The program provides comprehensive assistance to aging victims of Nazi persecution and their families.
Our case management work focuses on helping people live in and connect with community. A significant number of individuals we serve are Russian speaking Holocaust survivors who receive a range of services including homecare, financial assistance, and social programming. We use our expertise around trauma informed care to ensure these aging victims of Nazi persecution have the supports needed to stay living at home in their community.
The Case Manager will work effectively as part of the Holocaust Services team and ensure that all regulatory requirements are met. Relationships will be developed with community organizations and with providers of services to Holocaust survivors. Will work from the Waltham office with some home and community visits.
Your workday will include:
• Performing client intake duties by phone or walk-in. Taking information from client or collateral to determine eligibility and need.
• Becoming knowledgeable about entitlement programs and benefits for our specific client population.
• Providing case management to our client population.
• Providing information and referral. Arranging for provision of services.
• Providing casework/case management services to clients, monitors cases and has on-going contact with clients and other collaterals.
• Providing service in crisis situations.
• Assisting at social group events for clients.
• Maintaining case notes, records and documentation.
• Participating in SHS staff meetings, JF&CS trainings and represent the organization at external events.
• Performing other related duties as assigned or required.
What can you bring to this position?
• Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
• Fluency in Russian and English.
• Computer literacy.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Access to a car and safe driving record.
• Knowledge of community resources and benefits.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.