Golden Slipper Gems
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic, operational and fiscal responsibility for Golden Slipper Gems. With a staff of six and a budget of approximately $600,000, Gems provides services to older adults through educational and recreational programs in the five county region.
1. Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and consistent evaluation of programs so that results can be communicated to the board, funders and other constituents.
2. Staff the agency’s Human Needs and Services Committee, which provides grants to low-income individuals. In addition, plan and manage a large-scale Passover Seder for Older Adults in the community, with approximately 400 attendees.
3. Manage the overall fiscal integrity of the agency, maximizing revenue and closely monitoring expenses.
4. Represent Gems within the wider organization of Golden Slipper Club and Charities and the Jewish community.
5. Along with the Director of Development, write grants, identify prospects and write grant reports. Work closely with Director of Development in identifying major gift opportunities.
6. Develop an internal and external communications plan and increase the presence of Gems in social media.
7. Identify new strategic opportunities for Gems to grow while maintaining its core mission of enhancing the lives of older adults.
1. Minimum of five years of senior management/operational experience with a record of accomplishment.
2. Bachelors’ degree with an advanced degree preferred.
3. Experience in managing finances, developing budgets and monitoring financial resources.
4. Experience in marketing and social media.
5. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to communicate passion for the Gem’s mission.
6. Ability and experience developing new programs from conception through implementation.
7. Action oriented, entrepreneurial, creative and innovative.
8. Looking for a leader with passion, idealism, creativity and integrity.
Start date: Mid-September
Position includes a generous package of benefits including health insurance beginning with your start date, sick and vacation time plus Jewish and secular holidays, and life and disability insurance.