GJC is a Conservative congregation in the heart of Philadelphia’s West Mount Airy neighborhood that serves Northwest Philadelphia’s multifaceted Jewish community. GJC is an inclusive community that values and embraces the diversity of all our families and staff.
The Youth and Families Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director of Youth and Families in running the Germantown Jewish Centre (GJC) Religious School and the coordination of community-wide youth and family programming. The position is a maximum of 20 hours per week with approximately 75% of work done remotely and 25% done on-site at GJC.
• Provide direct administrative support for the Director of Youth and Families.
• Oversee yearly Religious School registration and track paperwork and financial information.
• Data entry and file maintenance, including student files and family demographics; interfacing with synagogue membership database.
• Organize and order school supplies as needed; track invoices and maintain relationships with vendors.
• Assist in coordination of school and family programs and grade specific ceremonies and events.
• Track and submit payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
• Complete other departmental projects and tasks as needed.
COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLICITY
• Maintain smooth communications with parents and other GJC stakeholders.
• Correspond with parents and teachers to address inquiries and concerns.
• Create and distribute publicity materials for upcoming programs via email, social media, etc., and track registrations as needed; work with GJC Program Director as needed.
• Design and modify educational materials and other documents such as family correspondence, reports, memos and emails.
• Maintain/update social media accounts.
• Website support/updating.
• College degree preferred, or equivalent experience in administrative support.
• 3+ years of hands-on administrative support.
• Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and/or Power Point preferred.
• Graphic design and email marketing experience a strong plus.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and tasks with superb accuracy.
• Exceptional customer service skills; the ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally
• Possess an understanding and appreciation of GJC’s culture and the diversity of its membership, as well as the Centre's organizational structure (of prayer communities and governance) and mission statement.
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.