Congregation Har Tzeon-Agudath Achim
Congregation Har Tzeon-Agudath Achim is seeking an energetic, creative, and personable individual with a great enthusiasm for Judaism to join our dynamic office team as our synagogue’s Program Director. Candidates will work directly with our Rabbi and office Staff. The Program Director is responsible to plan, organize, market, and run a broad range of programs that cater to our diverse membership consisting of young families through senior members. Candidates should be able to work flexible hours, have knowledge about Jewish Holidays/customs, possess strong social media and computer skills, and preferably have experience in Jewish programming (synagogues, schools or camps).
Congregation Har Tzeon-Agudath Achim is a warm and welcoming synagogue located in Silver Spring, MD, two blocks from the Wheaton Metro Station. We are committed to halakha and foster an inclusive approach to build an open community where all are welcome. We cater to a wide variety of ages. Our traditional Conservative community comes together daily to pray, learn Torah, perform mitzvoth, give charity, and engage in social justice activities. Our community welcomes individuals from all (or no) Jewish backgrounds. We offer a daily minyan, a variety of classes on Jewish topics, and engage our youth in all aspects of synagogue and communal life.
We are looking for:
• An energetic individual who is personable, approachable, and can work a flexible schedule.
• Highly skilled in the arenas of technology, social media, and organization.
• Can Perform the duties of a Program Director.
• Experience working in a Jewish Community setting (synagogues, schools, or camps) and familiarity with Jewish traditions, Holidays and Customs.
• Capable of working individually and collaboratively.
• Conceptualize, Plan, Organize, and Run/facilitate all Holiday, Social Event, Adult and Youth programming for the shul both in-person and online.
o Organizes and advertises all events.
o Contact person for all programming.
o Maintains shul calendar.
o Takes Ownership and responsibility to perform duties with little oversight required.
o Operates within the confines of a budget.
• Attend Shabbat Services on Saturday and connect with our membership.
• Plans, Organizes, and Runs Monthly Friday Night Shabbat dinners.
• Runs or facilitates a Youth Shabbat Program (mini-minyan)
• Supports the Rabbi during Jewish Holidays with programming and logistics.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Other duties as required.
• Liaises with Federation to keep abreast of programming opportunities in the community for us to participate in.
• Maintains a strong and socially appropriate social media presence to advertise our synagogue and its upcoming events.
• Updates and maintains all marketing aspects.
o Maintains synagogue’s website and creates webpages.
o Creates flyers and updates weekly announcements.
o Maintains registration lists.
• Actively participates with Synagogue committees to assist in marketing programs.
• Locate grants that the synagogue qualifies for.
• Applies for 1 grant per quarter or more, time permitting.
• Creates new fund-raising programs.