The Tikvah Fund has a full-time job opening for an organized, detail-oriented Senior Staff Accountant or Staff Accountant (based on experience) to join the finance department in our Manhattan office. This position offers an excellent opportunity to be part of a unique international organization involved in Jewish ideas and public policy.
The Senior Staff Accountant will own all day-to-day functions of the finance department and report directly to, and work closely with, the Controller and the Chief Financial Officer.
• Ownership of overall disbursement process, including checks and wire payments
• Prepare checks and wire authorizations
• Track all checks and wire authorizations prepared to ensure all requested payments are included, all have the proper signed approvals, and that all are mailed/distributed timely
• Handle payment inquiries from vendors
• Maintain detailed & organized tracking schedule for all monthly payments
• Input all transaction data into the accounting system and overall ownership of data maintenance and reporting
• Maintain accounting filing system
• Manage and reconcile executive Amex credit cards.
• Ownership of overall cash receipt process, including thorough data input into accounting software
• Record checks and credit card payments received from customers/donors
• Determine nature of payment, donor contact (where applicable), and program allocation (where applicable)
• Coordinate with the development team to ensure consistent tracking of donor information between Salesforce & accounting system
• Prepare donation revenue reports and other revenue reports as often as needed for CFO to review and send to development department/Chairman/Executive Director
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROJECTS
• Assist in preparation of monthly reports for finance meeting
• Overall financial analysis of program expense and revenue structure
• Assist in creation of annual budget and ad hoc budget/proposal reporting
• Assist in preparation and coordination of annual audit.
- BA/BS, preferably in finance, accounting, or business administration; 3 to 6 years of prior experience
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel required; familiarity with Word and Outlook preferred
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, MIP Accounting, and Salesforce a plus, but will train the right candidate
- Excellent organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented
- A team player with a great attitude and an excellent work ethic; operating with a sense of urgency and a drive to excel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently and effectively
- A high degree of integrity; dealing with sensitive information with discretion
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401K plan, paid vacation, paid time off for Jewish and national holidays, and short Fridays.