Youth Educator (Halftime)
Congregation Tiferet Israel
The Congregation Tiferet Israel (CTI) Youth Educator (YE) will play an integral role in growing Austin's Modern Orthodox community by overseeing and implementing shul programs and activities for children and adolescents (K-8). In addition to creating innovative, fun and educational programing, the CTI Youth Educator will also be responsible for helping young people grow in their love of Torah, Judaism, ritual observance, and support for the State of Israel.
The primary objectives of these programs are to model how young people can put their Judaism into action.
The YE reports directly to the Rabbi, and will:
• Participate in synagogue event planning
• Communicate with relevant committees about youth activities
• Seek input from relevant committees in planning youth activities
• Be a resource to CTI board on issues related to youth and youth programing
o Develop curriculum and teach CTI Hebrew School
o K-3 and 4-7
o Each taught two days/week, two hours per session
o Develop a systematic and intentional plan for youth programs and events that utilize a creative variety of formats, settings and timeframes
o Holiday youth programming
o Work with the Rabbi and Education Committee to create and implement robust Shabbat and holiday youth programs (Jr. Congregation, ages 6-12)
• Work with San Antonio NCSY and Southwest Regional NCSY to help build an independent Austin NCSY chapter.
• Foster the involvement of young people in the life of the synagogue and larger Jewish community.
• Maintain CTI standards of ritual observance, Jewish values and beliefs.
The Youth Educator position will require approximately 20 hours/week and is budgeted at a 12 month salary of up to $40,000/year. Longer term candidates are particularly encouraged to apply as the position has future growth potential.
For more information about Congregation Tiferet Israel, visit www.tiferetaustin.org.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Ra***************************