About the Organization:
The world’s largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York’s mission is to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, to respond to crises close to home and far away, and to shape our Jewish future. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the activities of local health, human-service, educational, and community agencies. Every day, these community-based.
If you have the experience detailed below and enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment where we are helping colleagues to make the world a better place, we’d like to meet you.
• Learn the existing application as it stands today.
• Develop and test new features.
• Help debug code throughout our sites.
• Maintain and optimize the website to minimize load and processing time and for mobile responsiveness.
• Perform full QA and testing in all modern browsers (+mobile).
• Ensure standards-compliant web development to guarantee accessibility and future compatibility of the website front end.
• Collaborate with other technical members on the development of applications and systems.
Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
• Software-engineering background, including experience in software development methodologies, best practices, and industry-standard design principles.
• Experience with Angular 10/11.
• Some Experience MongoDB & MySQL.
• Experience with Git/GitHub.
• Experience with Postman.
• Ability to quickly diagnose issues and define optimal solutions to technical issues.
• Excellent problem solving, organization, and communication skills.
• Ability to take requirements and develop applications to meet them.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.