Position Title: Middle School PE Teacher
FLSA Classification: Full time, exempt 2021
Reports To: Director of Middle School
Position Purpose: Teach 4th-8th Grade Physical Education
The Brandeis School of San Francisco has reimagined what is possible in an inclusive, future-focused Jewish day school, becoming an acknowledged leader in asserting the role of spirituality and ethics in education for the whole child. We welcome applicants who seek a school environment that fosters challenging academics, student-centered learning, ethics and spirituality, and innovation. This position will begin in August 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Planning and teaching a challenging and engaging P.E. course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction to meet the various needs, abilities, and interests of the students as well as using assessments effectively
• Engaging children in teamwork and personal physical development goals
• Advising one section of middle school students by facilitating classroom discussions that encourage each students individual growth
• Creating an inclusive environment through sportsmanship, supportive exchanges with students, clear expectations for community behavior, and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives that celebrate individual and collective accomplishments
• Collaborating with other PE teachers, educators, and specialist teachers to develop curriculum, plan sporting events, solve problems, and support students
• Working in partnership with the faculty at large to support and integrate a cohesive social, emotional and spiritual curriculum as part of the physical education program
• Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports, and newsletters
• Supporting and following the school policies and procedures
• Positively contributing to the professional community
• Teaching credential preferred.
• Minimum three years recent experience teaching middle school students.
• Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear and visually interact with students.
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Regularly use close and distance vision.
• Work at a desk and computer screen.
• Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder.
• Work in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.sfbrandeis.org. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, visit: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx