Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC San Francisco is one of 24 regional offices in the United States that advances AJC’s global diplomatic advocacy efforts. The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, and establishes and nurtures community relationships.
The San Francisco region plays a particularly important role for AJC in many aspects of the organization’s work. San Francisco has the fourth largest Jewish population in the United States and hosts over seventy diplomatic missions. As a thriving innovation, business, academic and cultural destination, the Bay Area is a key region for building AJC’s strategic relationships.
The Communications and Administrative coordinator will be a key team member in our AJC San Francisco region. The coordinator will inspire and engage a broad range of stakeholders through communications, including social media, website, collateral, newsletters, email alerts, funder communications, and media relations, to effectively advance AJC’s global priorities. The coordinator will provide essential administrative support for our San Francisco regional office.
The Communications and Administrative Coordinator will perform his/her work while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
• Oversee the creation and distribution of invitations, newsletters, messaging to our community, ads, collateral, advocacy campaigns, media quotes to various regional constituent groups to support our development and advocacy efforts. (In coordination with AJC SF staff and AJC’s global marketing and communications team).
• Coordinate robust social media program, manage regional website, and generate regular local content to advance AJC’s advocacy priorities. Maintain Bay Area media contacts.
• Maintain accurate database of constituents and contact management, as well as segmented lists for comprehensive outreach to the Bay Area and broader Northern California region. Keep apace of upgrades and changes to effectively utilize platforms to track fundraising progress, propel fundraising outreach, and ensure synchronization with communications database.
• Input and manage Raiser’ Edge tracking for donor contacts, events, and advocacy meetings, ensuring that the regional office’s overall staff efforts are tracked accurately.
• Provide administrative support for AJC’s development goals and AJC’s virtual and in-person programs. This will include scheduling and organizing meetings and programs, robust online marketing, supporting vendor relationships and catering, volunteer coordination, assisting video production, registration, budgeting, and follow up communications.
• Additional staff team responsibilities, as needed, to advance regional and office advocacy priorities and programs.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 2+ years in related communications experience
• Expertise with database and computer programs preferred, including the following: Microsoft Word, Excel suite, Raiser’s Edge (or comparable donor database), Eventbrite, Luminate, Teams
• Experience with social media platforms
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with a diplomatic customer service orientation
• Organizational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through
• Enthusiastic about joining a small, fun, dedicated and hardworking team
• Familiarity with the Bay Area Jewish community desired
• A strong commitment to AJC’s Jewish advocacy, international diplomatic and human rights mission.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx